How to use only user email?

Feb 14, 2014 at 12:44 PM
How can I specify in "UserManager" to ignore "username" and do the login with email?

If it is possible, remove/without a database column, I try to override several classes and nothing.

(using Microsoft ASP.NET Identity Core 2.0.0-beta1)
Developer
Feb 18, 2014 at 5:44 PM
@relmaster: username is a mandatory property on the user according to IUser interface in Identity core. The simplest way to go around this is to set the username to email. So the method call UserManager.FindAsync(username,password) would be using the email and password for login. There is no explicit method that takes in email and the password though you can write an extension method by yourself. Let me know if this solves your issue.
Feb 19, 2014 at 7:28 PM
Ok, I understood, today I currently still using both properties.

If I disable the "Email" property, and set in UserManager, "SupportsUserEmail" to false, what impact I will have? The features that using email will continue to working? Maybe I can make a workaround..
Developer
Feb 26, 2014 at 5:52 PM
So SupportsUserEmail property is read only so you cannot set it to false. You can keep the 'Email' field empty and set the Username to email. You would need to skip all the APIs that need email like FindByEmail, the EmailService for notifying user email with security tokens etc